1. Improving collaboration/communication among the BaselConvention Regional Centers and stakeholders.
2. Providing and Facilitating capacity building in the region on the implementation of the Basel Convention and other Multilateral Environmental Agreements on chemicals (Rotterdam, Stockholm, Montreal) and chemical wastes.
3. Preparation and successful realization of projects in capacity building of the Basel Convention Regional Centres
4. Implementing the obligations of the Convention, and
5. Environmentally Sound Management of the Basel Convention priority waste streams identified in Africa;
• Bio-medical / Healthcare waste
• POPs waste and obsolete stock
• Equipment containing POPs,
• Electronic wastes,
• Mercury waste
• Obsolete chemicals/pesticides
• Used oil
• Used Lead Acid Batteries (ULAB)
• Used tires